Saturday, August 22, 2009

This year I will be doubly thankful!

Well, Thanksgiving is about 93 days away. Normally, I wouldn't concern myself with such a countdown but this year is different. I had never heard of the P90X workout until today when I was pressured into signing-on. Which means that for 90 days starting this Monday, I will work out EVERYDAY and diet appropriately.

What does this have to do with Thanksgiving you ask? Well if I survive I will complete the P90X on the Tuesday of Thanksgiving week. Which will allow me to celebrate the holiday not only Thursday, but on Wednesday evening as has become my custom of late.

I should share that I have my doubts as to this workout. My roomate was reading about this fitness test, which we did today, and said, "following this you should be standing and breathing". Let me just say that if the "fitness test" is liable to leave you on the ground not breathing I might have issues. I certainly hope that death is not the result of this plan. Although with my hatred of working out death is a real possibility. Let me hope also that working out becomes a "habit" and thus I don't loath it as much as I do now.

My plan is to Blog my way through this 90 days. Perhaps it will someday be like 'Julie and Julia' and made into a movie. Preferably not a tragedy.

Bon apetit!

No comments: